TaraFans.com - Tara Lipinski Fan Club

Home
Our Mission
Join the Club
Fan Club FAQ
Officers
Contact Us
About Tara
Competitive History
Off Ice Success
Gallery
Programs
TV Schedule
Upcoming Events
Contact Tara




Spanish English French German Portuguese Italian

Sorry! The site is closed for renovation! Once it is completed, we will continue our work. We apologize for the inconvenience! Regards the site.

WOMENS PROBLEMS: DRUG THERAPY OD DYSMENORRHOEA

Would you believe it, that many of the simple analgesics (painkillers) used for years not only kill pain but are also effective prostaglandin antagonists. So, they reduce discomfort very successfully. Firstly, by either destroying the hormone or not permitting its creation in the first place. Secondly, by relieving pain if small amounts are actually manufactured and creating uterine contractions and pain. That is why doctors still use aspirin and related products for period pains.

But another discovery was made about the same time. Some lynx-eyed doctors noted that younger female patients with arthritis seemed suddenly devoid of period pains, despite the fact they had been enduring these for years—which made them inquire why. A similar story soon came from the pharmocologists. the experts who dabble in the chemistry of drugs.

Many of the popular and widely used anti-arthritis drugs, the so-called anti-inflammatory drugs, were also potent prostaglandin antagonists. So that is why your doctor may prescribe for your dysmenorrhoea capsules or tablets similar to those granny is taking for her arthritis. Same drug, but for vastly different reasons.

Possibly the most successful and powerful one is called mefenamic acid, a brightly coloured 250 mg capsule. It appears to be extremely effective. Other widely prescribed ones include indomethacin, phenylbuiazone and others.

Another popular method of treating dysmenorrhoea is by suppressing ovulation. If this does not occur, then progesterone will not be produced—or so the theory goes. In practice, stopping ovulation by taking an oral contraceptive will eliminate period pain in about 90 per cent of cases. (In the other 10 percent, there is probably another reason for the pain.)

Often a trial course for 3-4 periods is given. If pain recurs when discontinued, a further treatment fasting 6 months or even longer may then be recommended. In the long term, the beneficial result is frequently excellent, it varies with the individual; and once more, the course must be tailored for you by your doctor.

*28\45\4*

Women’s health


ARTICLES
  • The alexander technique in practice: dynamic resting the alexander way: getting up
  • Infertility tests for men
  • Premenstrual syndrome: does anyone care?
  • Getting organized for new baby: pros and cons of formula-feeding
  • What makes a woman feel safe: women feel safe when a man allows us entry into his inner world
  • Outsmarting the female fat cell: do you need to psychologically prepare yourself for the off plan?
  • The breast cancer prevention diet: fewer calories
  • Non-hormonal management of the menopause: carbohydrates in nutrition
  • Hormonal control of sperm production: testosterone
  • Womens problems: drug therapy od dysmenorrhoea



  • medicinali soggetti a prescrizione senza prescrizione medica. Online Pharmacy |
    La nostra farmacia online e il piu affidabile fornitore di farmaci di prescrizione senza prescrizione medica. | Farmaci generici non caro dalla farmacia Online.




    Copyright © 2001 Tara Lipinski Fan Club